The International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD) has published the Climate Tribune January 2021 issue on the theme of "Nature-based Solutions (NbS)"
Climate Tribune theme on Nature-based Solutions
2nd February 2021
The International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD) has published the Climate Tribune January 2021 issue on the theme of “Nature-based Solutions (NbS)”. The authors of this issue are early career researchers, practitioners and experts and some of them are actively take part in the ‘NbS Bangladesh Network’. NbS is a very broad topic and authors have tried to link NbS with various dimensions, such as – locally led adaptation, urban, finance, disaster, capacity building and so on.
Please download the PDF to read the following articles:
- Nature-based solutions should be an integral part of locally-led adaptation by Haseeb Md Irfanullah
- Imagining a pristine Dhaka by adopting NbS” by Tasfia Tasnim and Saleemul Huq
- Climate-induced displacement can be prevented through NbS by Kazi Amdadul Hoque and Towrin Zaman
- How environmental restoration and refugee protection are connected by Mokhlesur Rahman
- Trap that carbon by Joy Bhowmik
- How science can align with indigenous knowledge to forecast weather by Savio Rousseau Rozario, Mahmuda Akter, and Ali Mohammad Rezaie
- The perks of forming coalition and financial mechanisms in mitigation and adaptation by Afsara Binte Mirza, Anika Binte Razzaque, and Ali Mohammad Rezaie
- Capacity building and communication to scale-up ingenious conservation efforts by Mahmuda Akter and Ali Mohammad Rezaie
- Nature + Accelerator Fund is a novel financial mechanism to bring the private sector into conservation actions by Farah Anzum and Khalid Hossain
If you wish to write an article in any of our future issues, please contact Tasfia Tasnim, ICCCAD at [email protected]